In the 1920s Blaupunkt still had another name. In 1923 - when radio broadcasting made its first sound in Germany – the “Ideal” company was founded in Berlin. It first produced headphones. Every single item was carefully tested by technicians and labeled with a quality symbol – the blue point.
A quality symbol turns into a trademark.
It did not take long before customers simply asked for the bluepoint-headphones. The quality symbol had turned into a trademark. In 1938 it eventually became the company's name. Until December 2008 the company had formed part of the Bosch-Group for more than sixty years. Since then it has been part of the AURELIUS Group. After World War II the company moved headquarters from Berlin to Hildesheim. A hundred years of automotive history have been accompanied by plenty of technical progress.